Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Balance

Every day I try to cherish something. I don’t know if it is just that “first time mom” thing but I want to cherish this little boy. I want to remember moments 10 years from now. Some would say that I spoil Noah. I rock him to sleep most nights still. I get up with him in the middle of the night. I make him butternut squash pasta with real parmesan cheese and grated chocolate (of course I make enough for myself too). I spend moments with him when I should be doing work or cleaning. I feel guilty, but at the same time I feel that what I am doing is good. In 20 years will it matter that I sucked at getting the laundry done? It will matter what kind of mom I was. I read an article today in Men’s Health that said that men are happier as adults if have had attentive loving mothers.

Mantra to myself: Find a balance, find a balance, find a balance. . .

No comments: